vCenter Server 6.0 Update 1 | 10 SEPTEMBER 2015 | ISO Build 3040890
vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 Update 1 | 10 SEPTEMBER 2015 | Build 3040890
vCenter Server 6.0 Update 1 on Windows Build 3018524
vCenter Server 6.0 Update 1 on vCenter Server Appliance Build 3018523
- I/O Filter: vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO) provide a framework that allows third parties to create software components called I/O filters. The filters can be installed on ESXi hosts and can offer additional data services to virtual machines by processing I/O requests that move between the guest operating system of a virtual machine and virtual disks.
- Exclusive affinity to additional system contexts associated with a low-latency VM: This release introduces a new VMX option sched.cpu.latencySensitivity.sysContexts to address issues on vSphere 6.0 where most system contexts are still worldlets. The Scheduler utilizes the sched.cpu.latencySensitivity.sysContexts option for each virtual machine to automatically identify a set of system contexts that might be involved in the latency-sensitive workloads. For each of these system contexts, exclusive affinity to one dedicated physical core is provided. The VMX option sched.cpu.latencySensitivity.sysContexts denotes how many exclusive cores a low-latency VM can get for the system contexts.
- ESXi Authentication for Active Directory:ESXi is modified to only support AES256-CTS/AES128-CTS/RC4-HMAC encryption for Kerberos communication between ESXi and Active Directory.
- Support for SSLv3: Support for SSLv3 has been disabled by default. For further details, see Knowledge Base article 2121021.
- Stretched Clusters: Virtual SAN 6.0 Update 1 supports stretched clusters that span geographic locations to protect data from site failures or loss of network connection.
- CIM and API Issues
- Guest Operating System Issues
- Upgrade and Installation Issues
- Networking Issues
- Storage Issues
- Backup Issues
- Security Issues
- Server Configuration Issues
- Virtual Machine Management Issues
- VMware HA and Fault Tolerance Issues
- Miscellaneous Issues
- VMTools Issues